Fluticasone Propionate 0.05% w/w Cream
Fluticasone Propionate cream is prescribed for the treatment of itchy, red rashes, and skin irritation associated with skin conditions such as atopic eczema, allergic contact dermatitis, and psoriasis among others. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid also known as a corticosteroid. that works by blocking the release of chemical messengers responsible for causing red, swollen, and itchy skin in response to different skin infections such as atopic eczema, allergic contact dermatitis, and psoriasis. The medicine is used widely to provide relief from the symptoms of many skin infections.
Use the medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration. Don’t cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects. The commonly observed side effects of Fluticasone Propionate are burning, itching, redness, stinging, and dryness on your skin in the place where the cream is applied. In rare cases, sensitive allergic reactions such as rashes, itching, swelling, and shortness of breath can also occur. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Fluticasone Propionate or similar medicines.
Wash your hands before and after using the cream. Apply a small amount of cream, with a cotton swab or gauze pad, to the affected skin area as per the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. Before each application, wash the affected area with soap and water and dry well. Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by your physician, as this may increase the risk of side effects. Do not use this medicine more often or longer than your doctor advises to prevent any risk of overdose.
Fluticasone Propionate cream is a commonly used medication for the treatment of skin infections. Fluticasone is a steroid medicine that works by inhibiting the production of certain chemical messengers that make the skin red, swollen, and itchy due to several skin conditions such as:
There are mild to temporary side effects of Fluticasone Propionate cream that do not last for a long time. The side effects are unique in all users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. In case your side effects persevere or worsen with time, immediately consult your doctor. The list of side effects noticed on using Fluticasone Propionate cream is given below:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol to prevent any risk of negative health effects.
2. If you are pregnant, consult your doctor to reduce the risk to the fetus and mother.
3. Don’t apply it to broken or infected areas of skin, face, eyes, or eyelids.
4. Don’t use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
5. In case the medication comes in contact with the eyes, nose, ears, mouth or vagina immediately rinse with water and consult your doctor.
6. Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of discarded and expired medicines.
7. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.