Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder is an antifungal pharmaceutical powder. It helps treat fungal-related problems such as the jocky itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, and rashes caused due to fungal, and dermatitis. Dermatitis is a fungal infection that causes a flaky scalp, can affect the skin, ears, and upper chest, and is an excessive itching condition. The powder is used in the treatment of pityriasis a type of fungal infection causing flaky skin, rashes, excessive irritation, patch formation, discoloration of skin, etc. A fungal infection is a contagious disease. It quickly spreads from one person to another causing damage to tissues, and redness to the skin. If not treated it can cause severe damage to the tissues.
The Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder consists of ketoconazole which is represented as a salt that prevents fungal cell membranes. This forms a layer on the skin cells preventing the leakage of cells. This controls the spread of fungus on the skin. Its use kills the fungi and the yeast present in the skin hence irritation is cured
You can use the Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder 2-3 times a day for at least three to four weeks for best results. This is an antifungal drug whose application needs precautions. Spread the powder in an infected completely and then do not touch it. Wash your clothes separately to prevent the spread of the infections. If you are allergic to Ketoconazole, inform the doctor. You can consume antifungal tablets within the combination of this powder but only after the doctor suggests. Do not apply the powder on cuts and wounds. The powder is only for external purposes, do not use it as a form of cosmetic powder.
When you are using this dusting powder, an occurrence of side effects of common. You may suffer from skin peeling, dryness, irritation, redness, etc. Note that the fungus spreads with the presence of sweat, clean the skin whenever you feel the condition of sweat.
Uses of Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder
Ketoconazole is an anti-fungal drug. It benefits with the release of fungal cells. The uses of the powder are mentioned below.
- The application of the powder prevents leakage of fungal cells.
- It works by forming a protective layer on the skin that prevents fungal attacks.
- Ketoconazole prevents the production of fungi and yeast.
- It helps in reducing the irritation and further development of skin rash.
- Fungal infection such as ringworm, jocky itch, seborrheic dermatitis, and pityriasis is treated using this dusting powder.
Precaution with Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder
Following precautions with the use of Ketoconazole salt-based powder will help. It provides a fungus treatment only when used appropriately.
- That is a medicated powder, do not use it as a regular powder.
- The powder is to be applied on an infected skin.
- Clean the skin before the application.
- You can use the anti-fungal tablets with the powder but only when the doctor suggests it.
- Do not apply this on any cuts and wounds.
- If you face irritation with the application of this powder, discontinue the use.
Direction to use Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder
Apply Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder on the infected parts of the skin at least 2-3 times a day or when you feel the appearance of sweat on the skin. The use of the powder is suggested to continue for over 3-4 weeks. Regular use will be for the desirable results.
Side Effect of Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder
People may experience some side effects with the use of this dusting powder. These are mentioned below.
- Skin peelings
- Patch development
- Discoloration of skin
Note- The Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder is only for external use.
Storage- Keep Ketoconazole 2% Dusting Powder in a cool and dry place.