Permethrin belongs to the group of anti-parasite drugs and helps treat infections caused due to lice, and mites. It prevents them from laying eggs. This is common in children above the age of five years. The salt beneficially treats pediculosis and scabies. It is available in a variety of forms such as creams, shampoos, and skin lotions.
Permethrin works by inhibiting the action of parasites. It paralysis stimuli and inhibits the spread of infection. This is the best drug for the lice treatment as it loses the grip of lice leading to their death. This prevents the scalp from itching. The salt is prohibited for the use of people with extremely sensitive skin. Avoid the case of cuts and wound development.
Permethrin is often safe for the person’s use. It initiates results after a person follows the instructions. For the best results, you can leave the product in the infected areas for a few seconds and then wash it.
Application Guide of Permethrin
Cosmederme Remedies is providing an application guide on the use of Permethrin.
- Apply the lotion onto the scalp and on the areas where there is a spread of infection. You may apply this to your toes. Gently massage it.
- If you are using a shampoo based on a formulation of Permethrin, apply it on the scalp, leave it for at least 2 minutes and then and then wash it.
Advisory with Permethrin
The Permethrin salt sometimes may not suit the person, it can cause rash, irritation, itching, and rarely burning sensations. In this case, you can plan to follow precautions.
- Avoid contact of Permethrin lotion or shampoo on the face specifically near the eyes.
- Use the Permethrin shampoo not more than 2 times a day.
- Avoid combining any other salt with Permethrin.