An antifungal drug, Ketoconazole protects a person from the spread of fungal infection. The effects of fungal infection are severe. It makes the skin lose its strength, provides rashes, initiates redness, causes swellings, and sometimes it also leads to the risk of severe skin damage. The fungal infection is often caused because of the yeast development.
With the application of Ketoconazole cream or lotion, the cell membranes of the fungus are disturbed, thereby leading to the death of the fungus. The salt often works within 2-3 weeks of application. Initially, you may not notice any certain change in the body but soon with the regular application the feeling of frequent itching, dryness, and redness may disappear.
The use of Ketoconazole is feasible under the conditions of dandruff also termed seborrhoeic dermatitis. You may apply Ketoconazole creams 2-3 times a day but can only use the shampoo twice.
- The salt Ketoconazole comes in a variety of forms such as creams, shampoos, and tablets.
- Ketoconazole only treats yeast and causes fungal infections such as fungal infections of nails, skin, scalp, and even blood fungal infections.
- Ketoconazole is a generic drug.
Points to Consider with Ketoconazole
- It is essential to complete the course of Ketoconazole as discounting may lead to severe health spread.
- It may cause side effects such as inflammation, rashes, irritation, and more. Kindly contact the doctor.
- This is a “black box warning” drug. Hence the use is prohibited until the doctor suggests it.