Fexofenadine belongs to the category of medicines called anti-histamines or anti-allergics. It is commonly used to treat various kinds of allergies caused due to dust, pollens, medicines, or other factors. Allergy is an immune response to foreign elements usually, not harmful to the body. It is commonly prescribed for medical conditions such as hay fever (an allergy caused by pollen or dust), conjunctivitis (red, itchy eye), eczema (dermatitis), hives (red, raised patches or dots), reactions to insect bites and stings and some food allergies.
The salt used Fexofenadine helps in the prevention of allergies at the most severe level. It is known to prevent the response of foreign elements to the cells which are responsible for affecting the immune system. The anti-allergy salt is known to support the body’s system and thereby treat allergies. Allergies are sometimes seasonal such as pollen. This salt promotes safety from outer stimuli’s negative responses.
Take the Fexofenadine salt as prescribed by the doctor and complete the full course of it. Do not crush, chew or break the salt-formulated drug. Swallow the whole salt drug with a glass of water. Some users may experience side effects such as headaches, nausea, or dizziness. Mostly, the side effects do not require any medical attention, However, immediately consult your doctor if the side effects persevere. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Fexofenadine or similar medicines. It is to be acknowledged that salt is neither recommended nor beneficial for the pregnant woman. Take it only under external circumstances.
Uses of Fexofenadine Salt
Fexofenadine is a non-drowsy anti-histamine that does not make you sleepy like the other anti-allergy medicines. The salt provides instant relief from allergic reactions and symptoms by inhibiting the histamine action, a substance responsible for causing immune responses & inflammations in the body. The most common uses of salt are given below:
- Hay fever (an allergy caused by pollen or dust)
- Conjunctivitis (red, itchy eye)
- Eczema (dermatitis)
- Hives (red, raised patches or dots)
- Reactions to insect bites and stings
- Some food allergies
Side Effects of Fexofenadine Salt
Mostly there are no side effects of this salt. However, some users may experience mild to temporary side effects that get resolved over time. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the treatment. The range of side effects noticed on using the Fexofenadine salt are given below:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Feeling sleepy
- Dry mouth
- Feeling dizzy
Drug Interaction with Fexofenadine Salt
Fexofenadine can interact with other medicines and cause unpleasant health effects. The drugs also tend to interact with certain food items and health conditions. Therefore, it is advised to not take Fexofenadine with the following mentioned drugs:
- medicine used to treat low blood pressure (midodrine)
- medication used to treat fungal infections (ketoconazole)
- antibiotic (erythromycin, rifampicin)
- medications used to treat HIV infection (ritonavir or lopinavir)
- respiratory disease medicine (theophylline)
- decongestant (pseudoephedrine)
- anti-viral or anti-HIV drugs (ritonavir)
- indigestion remedies containing aluminum or magnesium
Precautions and Warnings with Fexofenadine Salt
The required precaution with the use of this salt are mentioned below. Kindly follow these for the best results.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may cause drowsiness.
- Consult your doctor before consuming this salt if you are pregnant.
- Do not consume salt if you are breastfeeding your newborn as it can have possible side effects on the baby.
- People with kidney and liver disorders are advised to not consume Fexofenadine salt without a doctor’s consultation.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded salt drugs.
Storage- Keep the Fexofenadine Salt in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Note- The Fexofenadine Salt is only for external use.