Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets is a combination medicine used as an effective treatment for allergy symptoms, including sneezing, runny nose, and cough. It contains two generic drugs namely Montelukast & Fexofenadine. This medicine functions by lowering certain chemical messengers in the body responsible for causing allergy symptoms.
Fexofenadine is an anti-allergic that blocks the action of a chemical messenger (histamine) that causes runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. Montelukast in the solution is a leukotriene antagonist that blocks the action of another chemical messenger known as leukotriene. This reduces swelling (inflammation) in the airways and nose, thereby, improving allergy symptoms.
An individual patient should take Montelukast and Fexofenadine Tablet exactly as advised by the healthcare professional for the best possible effects. Also, increasing/decreasing, or adjusting the dosage without consulting the doctor is unrecommended. Keep the treatment continued even if you feel OK, don’t stop the treatment course too early.
Measure to Take While Taking Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets
For the best effects, take this medicine giving consideration to the official guidelines. Take the right amount of dosage on time. Report the problems you are facing during the treatment course. Moreover, you can consider following the below-listed points.
- Lip balm may help if you have dry lips.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol during the treatment course as it may cause excessive dizziness.
- If you experience dry mouth while taking Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets, drink plenty of water. Also, keep taking regular sips during the day.
- Stop using this tablet at least 3 days before going for an allergy test as this medication may affect the test results.
- Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets can cause sleepiness and dizziness. If you feel lightheaded or dizzy, be cautious while driving, working on heights, or doing something that requires concentration.
Thus, these are a few measures to take during the treatment course with Montelukast and Fexofenadine Tablet. For storage instructions, read the label or leaflet provided with the medicine carefully.
While using Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets, an individual may experience some common side effects. Those adverse fade away once the body adjusts to the medication. However, if they persist or you are worried, confer with the healthcare professional immediately.
- Skin rash,
- Dizziness, etc.
Above-listed is the known adverse effects of Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets. If you face any rare side effects or adverse reactions caused by the medicine persist for a longer duration, inform your doctor or seek medical help.
Q. What foods to avoid while taking Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets?
A. Do not take Montelukast and Fexofenadine Tablet with any fruit juices, including apple, orange, or grapefruit. They might reduce the effectiveness of this medicine. Also, avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while taking this medicine as it may increase the severity of adverse symptoms like dizziness and sleepiness.
Q. What is the ideal storage condition for Montelukast Sodium and Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Tablets?
A. Store the medicine according to the instructions mentioned on the label or pack it came in. Make sure to dispose of the unused tablets. Also, ensure pets, children, or other people don’t consume the medicine.
1. Skin Allergy
2. Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis
4.Wheal & Flare
1. Treats Seasonal allergies, such as hay fever and chronic hives.
2. Eliminates symptoms, such as itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and nasal congestion.
3. Does not cause drowsiness like other antihistamines.
4. One of the most popular anti-allergy medications.
5. Relatively few side effects and interactions with 0ther medication.