Roxithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic used to treat a myriad of bacterial skin infections including mycoplasma pneumonia, Legionella nemophila, Moraxella catarrhalis, and Chlamydia trachomatous. You can find the best quality Roxithromycin tablets at Cosmederma Remedies available under the brand name XYTER. We have manufactured the medicine in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with quality assurance and quality control experts. Roxithromycin is also beneficial in the treatment of bacterial infections of the throat, airways, tonsils, lungs, skin, and urinary tract- the kidneys, bladder, ureters, or urethra. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Roxithromycin or similar medicines.
Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your healthcare professional. Do not self-medicate the medicine and do not suddenly stop taking the medicine. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets as they may irritate the mouth. Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Some people may observe a few side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal or stomach pain. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Roxithromycin or similar medicines.
Medicinal Benefits of Roxithromycin Tablets
Roxithromycin is primarily prescribed for the treatment of bacterial infections of the tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues, and lungs (pneumonia). Our tablets show 100% clinical efficacy in skin and soft tissue infections. It is an antibiotic that works by inhibiting the protein synthesis through cell wall penetration of the suspectable organisms and binding on the 50 S ribosomal subunit of bacteria thereby terminating the bacterial growth. It also blocks the growth of the bacteria and stops the infection from spreading further. The range of skin infections that are treated with Roxithromycin is briefed below:
- Mycoplasma pneumonia
- Legionella nemophila
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- Chlamydia trachomatous
Directions For Use
Carefully, read the description given along with the Roxithromycin tablets. It is advised to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets to avoid any irritation in the mouth.
Side Effects of Roxithromycin tablets
You may experience mild to temporary side effects of Roxithromycin tablets that get resolved over time. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological side effects and response to the therapy. The range of side effects of using the Roxithromycin tablets is briefed below. You shall immediately inform your doctor in case your side effects worsen or get severe with time.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal or stomach pain
Roxithromycin tablets may interact with other medicines and cause adverse side effects. The medicines also tend to interact with certain food items and diseases. Do not take Roxithromycin tablets with the following mentioned medications.
- Theophylline (medicine used to treat asthma)
- Ergotamine or dihydroergotamine (used to treat migraine headache)
- Terfenadine, astemizole (medicines used to treat allergic conditions)
- Cisapride (used to treat heartburn and gastrointestinal problems)
- Pimozide (used to treat psychosis)
- Warfarin, vitamin K Antagonists like phenprocoumon (used to prevent blood clots)
Safety Precautions and Warnings
- Avoid consuming alcohol with Roxithromycin tablets as it may interact with and cause adverse side effects.
- Do not take Roxithromycin tablets s without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- Store the Roxithromycin tablets in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the Roxithromycin tablets out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of the discarded or expired medicines.
- Stop using the Roxithromycin tablets if you notice any rash, itchy skin, swelling of the face and mouth, or difficulty in breathing.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor. Complete the entire course of medicine and do not take the overdosage of the medicine.