Mon-Sat: 9.00 to 6.00
CALL US ON+91-9872219010
Loratadine belongs to the class of medicines called anti-histamines, used in the treatment of allergies. An allergy is our body’s immune response to foreign elements, usually not harmful to the body. Allergic response varies from person to person. Some commonly observed symptoms of allergies are hay fever, conjunctivitis (red, itchy eyes), eczema, hives (urticaria), reactions to insect bites and stings, and some food allergies. Loratadine is a non-drowsy anti-histamine, responsible for reducing the effects of the natural chemical ‘histamine’ present in the body. The chemical is responsible for producing symptoms, including watery eyes, runny nose, and other allergic symptoms.
Take the medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration by the doctor. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet with water. Some commonly observed side effects of Loratadine are drowsiness or sleepiness. Headaches, fatigue, and nervousness may occur in youngsters. These side effects are mild to temporary and get resolved over time. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Loratadine, or similar medicines. Also, inform the doctor about your current health conditions. Strictly follow the prescribed dosage as any deviation from the dosage can cause adverse side effects. The medicine is not safe for consumption by children less than 2 years old.
Loratadine is a non-sedative antihistamine that does not cause sleepiness or drowsiness like other antihistamines. It provides instant relief from moderate to severe allergic symptoms. It is used in the treatment of the following allergic reactions:
There are mild to temporary side effects of Loratadine tablets, that do not last for a long time. However, if the side effects persist or get severe, immediately consult your doctor. The side effects are individual in nature and depend on the health condition and response to the therapy. The list of side effects is given below:
Some drugs may interact with each other and cause adverse effects. The drugs may also interact with certain health conditions or food items.
Interaction with Drugs:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may worsen the health condition, or increase the side effects.
2. Pregnant women should consult their doctor, before taking this medicine as it may harm the fetus.
3. Be cautious while driving or doing any mental task, as the medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
4. Lactating mothers should also consult doctors before taking this medicine as it may pass into the breast milk and affect the baby.
5. Store the tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
6. Keep the medicine out of reach of children or pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
7. People with kidney or liver disorders should stay cautious of this medicine and consult a doctor before taking the medicine.
Yes, Loratadine may cause fast or irregular heartbeat and palpitations, especially in patients with heart problems. Patients who are already suffering from heart disease should remain careful while taking Loratadine. Therefore, inform your doctor if you have heart problems.
Loratadine starts working within an hour of taking it. The maximum benefit of this medicine is seen within 6 hours and the effect lasts for 24 hours.