Terbinafine 250/500mg | Terbinex Tablets
Terbinex tablets are made with Terbinafine that come in two different strengths 250 mg or 500mg. This tablet is used to treat many types of fungal infections like fingernails and toenails. Terbinafine is an antifungal drug that can work by killing the fungus-causing chemicals.
How to use Terbinafine 250/500mg
- Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Do not take an overdose of it
- Take this medicine after having a proper meal.
- Do not use this medicine for a long time.
- Use it only as advised by your doctor.
Dosage and Duration for Terbinafine 250/500mg
The usual dose of Terbinafine tablets is 1 tablet, taken once a day The duration of treatment depends on the type and severity of the infection. Typically, the tablets are taken for 2 to 6 weeks. However, it’s important to follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and duration of treatment.
Indiactions for Terbinafine 250/500mg
- Toenails and fingernails
- Fungal infections of the scalp
- Trichophyton species
- Microsporum canis
- Epidermophyton floccosum
- Tinea species
- Yeast infections of the skin
Side effects of using Terbinafine 250/500mg
Common Side Effects:
- Mood changes or depression
- Changes in sleep patterns
Serious Side Effects (Seek Medical Attention):
- Severe skin rash, hives, itching, peeling, or blistering skin (serious skin reactions)
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss
- Unusual tiredness
- Right upper stomach pain, yellowing of eyes and skin, pale stools, dark urine
- Flu-like symptoms: fever, chills, cough, sore throat
- Swelling in face, eyes, lips, tongue, throat, hands, lower legs, ankles, or feet
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Mouth sores
- Chest pain
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
Precautions for Terbinafine 250/500mg
Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to terbinafine or have any other allergies. This medication may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions. It’s important to discuss this with your pharmacist for more information.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially if you have immune system problems, kidney disease, liver disease, or lupus.
- Limit alcohol consumption while taking this medication, as it can increase the risk of serious side effects.
- This medication can make you more sensitive to the sun. Avoid prolonged sun exposure, tanning booths, and sunlamps. Use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors. If you get sunburned or develop skin blisters/redness, inform your doctor immediately.
- Inform your doctor or dentist about all the products you use, including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products, before undergoing surgery.
- During pregnancy, terbinafine should only be used if necessary. Treatment for fungal nail infection can usually be delayed until after giving birth. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before breastfeeding while using this medication, as terbinafine passes into breast milk.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques: Is terbinafine the Effective treatment for antifungals?
Ans: Yes, This is a very effective oral and external use drug for fungal infections.
Ques: Is this tablet available for hospital orders and pharma business?
Ans: Yes, This medicine is available for bulk orders. We also Provide other medicines for all over india. You can call us any time in the morning.
Ques: Is this medicine good for children and pregnant women?
Ans: Yes, It is safe to use for children and pregnant women but we advise to take the doctor’s advice first.