|50gm Lami Tube
Amorolfine cream – Amorolfine is an antifungal medication. It is widely used in the treatment of fungal skin and nail infections which include athlete’s foot, ringworms, and pityriasis. Fungal infection occurs when a fungus invades and affects the skin tissue. Its mode of action involves restricting the production of ergosterol, an important component of fungal cell membranes. without it, ergosterol the fungi is unable to grow, and their cells break down. Symptoms of a fungal infection include skin rash, redness, and scaling of the skin.
Usage of Amorolfine Cream
Amorolfine is to be used as prescribed by your doctor. Clean and let dry the affected area before applying the cream. Also, wash your hands before its application. Apply a thin layer of the cream and let it dry.
This medication is only for external use. Rinse immediately with water in case of accidental contact with eyes, face, or mouth.
Nail application-file the infected surface of the nail and clean the nail surface. take some lacquer from the bottle with the spatula. apply the medicine over the entire nail surface.
There are a few precautions you must keep in mind while using this medication. these are-
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to any of its components or some other skin medication.
- It is advised not to use amorolfine if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- Let your doctor know if you are breastfeeding
- This medication is not recommended for children under 12 years of age
- Inform your doctor if you have a weak immune system, poor blood circulation, or damaged nails.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of liver disease, cataracts, glaucoma, or diabetes.
- Prolonged use of this cream may lead to hormonal suppression.
Side Effects of Amorolfine 0.25w/w Cream
This medication may cause common side effects in some cases which include
- Nail discoloration
- Redness of skin
- Burning skin sensation
- Blisters on skin
- Skin irritation.
All these side effects are minor and do not need medical attention. Consult your doctor if these side effects get worse over time.
Dermatological Lifestyle Advice
- Do not scratch the affected area. it will cause infection to spread to further areas of the body.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes to avoid sweat and the further spread of the infection.
- Avoid the share of combs, bedsheets, and towels with others.
- Do not walk barefoot in changing rooms or gym showers to prevent infection.
- Cut your nails regularly to prevent germ formation
- Change your socks regularly and wash your foot.
- Limit the intake of alcohol and caffeine.
Amorolfine cream interacts with certain drugs curing HIV/AIDS(ritonavir, cobicistat) and other respiratory–related medicines.
Amorolfine must not be given to patients with an allergic history of clotrimazole and betamethasone. Also, people suffering from liver disease, cataracts, glaucoma, or adrenal gland problem must not use this medicine.
FAQs Regarding Amorolfine Cream 0.25w/w
1. Can I stop using amorolfine if my symptoms are relieved?
Do not stop using this medication until the doctor’s prescription has finished even if the symptoms go away.
2. Can nursing mothers use amorolfine?
Consult your doctor for details on breastfeeding as there is no research yet on this.
3. Can this cream treat bacterial infections?
Amorolfine is an antifungal cream and treats only fungal infections.
4. Can I use amorolfine daily?
Apply amorolfine nail lacquer once or twice a week or as directed by your doctor.
5. Can I go in the sunlight after applying amorolfine cream?
Do not go out in the sun directly after applying the cream. Wait for an hour before going out in direct sunlight.