Itraconazole Gel – The medication is known as an antifungal medicine primarily used to treat certain types of infections. It treats fungal infections of the skin, toenails, and fingernails. Itraconazole Gel belongs to a class of medications known as antifungals. The medication is suggested to use in adults to treat a variety of infections caused by fungus. The medication works by destroying the fungal cell membrane which leads to killing the fungi. Therefore, stopping the spread and growth of fungus. Follow the instruction given by the doctor and read the prescribed label carefully before using the gel to rule out any possible side effects.
The gel is prescribed to use for external use only. The patient is advised to use the medication for the suggested duration of time only. Before applying the Servospore Itraconazole gel make sure that the affected area should be clean and dry. Wash your hand before and after the application of the gel thoroughly. Inform the doctor if your health condition does not improve even after using the medication for 2 to 4 weeks. Avoid exceeding the application dose of the gel more than it is recommended by the doctor. Try to wear clean and washed socks and tights daily to prevent any fungal infections.
Uses/Advantages of Itraconazole Gel:-
- A broad spectrum of action with efficacy against aspergillosis, histoplasmosis, Casndidiasis as well as fungal infections of toenails onychomycosis.
- A potent fungistatic that is effective even in immune-compromised patients.
- Itraconazole is tolerating significantly better than conventional AMB and also showed advantages regarding efficacy.
- Itraconazole is a useful and safe agent in empirical antifungal therapy.
- The medication helps treat fungal infections of the skin, toenails, and fingernails.
Side Effects of Antifungal Itraconazole Gel
The application of the gel may also lead to some side effects. These side effects are rare to appear and are usually mild and temporary. However, do not take the after-effects of the medication lightly and seek a doctor’s advice if it starts to bother or persists for too long.
Some of the common effects of Itraconazole gel may include:
- Skin Irritation
- Redness of skin
Precaution/ Warnings for Servospore Itraconazole Gel
Some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind before applying Servospore Itraconazole Gel are:
- In case the gel comes in contact with the eyes, wash the eyes immediately and seek medical attention.
- Inform the doctor immediately if your condition does not improve even after applying the medication for 2-4 weeks.
- Stop applying the medication immediately if you experience serious side effects such as any skin rash, or any swelling of the throat, lips, or face.
- Talk to your doctor if you are allergic to antifungal medicines or taking any other medication that contains steroids.
- Ask your doctor, if the medication is safe to use in pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How to use Itraconazole Gel?
The medication is prescribed for external use purposes only. It is advised to use it as per the doctor’s recommendation. Remember to clean and dry the affected area first before applying the gel. Wash the hands before and after the application of the medicine.
2. How does the Itraconazole Gel works?
The medication is known as antifungal medicine and it works by killing the fungi by destroying their cell membrane from the skin.